Places to Go, People to See
Links to Our Friends
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has a site that includes a downloadable travel guide.
- Hawaii Volcano Observatory of the U.S. Geological Survey has a great site with plenty of current European information and background. You can print out their stuff to use as a travel guide when you are at the eruption site and elsewhere around this island volcanic laboratory.
- Watch the gas plumes from the Halemaumau vent and the Pu'u O'o current eruptive vent, on a map updated several times daily, by the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Around Volcano Village
is another great local marketplace type site with incredible graphics, lots of great pictures, and links to local artists.
Volcano Garden Arts
is right in Volcano Village and has a great collection of art, jewelry, and gifts, owned by artist Ira Ono.
- Volcano Art Center is a gallery for local artists in Hawaii Volcano National Park. It also offers a wide variety of
programs, including hula and Hawaiian crafts.
- Local Businesses at PunaWeb
- Hilo Coffee Mill is halfway down the hill to Keaau, and is very busy these days processing, packing and selling coffee from the dozens of new small coffee farms springing up in Puna and Ka'u. a great place to stop.
- FukuBonsai is a bonsai nursery, training center, and bonsai mail order business in Kurtistown, between Volcano and Hilo. They have some truly amazing
old trees in various styles. If you aren't familiar with bonsai, you can see some on their site.
- Hugh Montgomery's Hawaiian Walkways is a great contact for guided forest hikes around the island.
- Oahu Nature Tours specializes in small, guided excursions to see Hawaii's unique native bird and plant species. Spectacular views, excellent photographic
opportunities, and information about Hawaii's Geology, Archaeology, Mythology and History. Oahu Nature Tours is committed to work towards the continued enjoyment
and existence of our magnificent but endangered natural treasures.
- Adventures in Paradise: Sea Kayak & Snorkeling Adventures on the Kona coast
- Eco-tropical Resorts is the only eco lodgingsite we know of that verifies that the lodging goes beyond options to keep your towels overnight.
- Alternative Hawaii is a great website to find ecotourism resources in Hawaii.
- Annette's Adventures follows the principles of ecotourism, which means protecting the local ecosystems and cultures through responsible travel. Her specialty is
putting together tour packages to Hawaii's unique, off-the-beaten-track places of natural and cultural significance, by finding interesting outings and excursions and reasonably-priced
travel options throughout the islands.
Other Useful Links
Copyright 2007/2008 ~ Volcano Guest House ~ All Rights Reserved
Website developed by Isie Enterprises